Android O or Android 8.0 is rumored to be fast approaching its release date, which according to various sources it will be 21 August 2017.
According to the same sources, Google will formally announce the new version of the operating system and will also begin making the operating system available, on the same date. First, the operating system will be made available on Google’s own Pixel smartphones.
With the possible date being set, even approximately, it now remains to see which manufacturers will update their devices with the new version. OnePlus has already announced, that the new version of Android will be the last major update that its OnePlus 3/3T phone will be getting.
Some of the new features that we will see in Android O are the following:
- Better control of applications running in the background, saving both battery life and data.
- Support for natively running PiP functionality.
- Faster boot times and faster running of applications. According to Google this will be achieved by the operating system alone, without the need for using enhanced hardware.
- Adaptive app icons.
- Boost in audio performance, such as the native support for LDAC, which is Sony’s high-resolution Bluetooth audio codec.
- Categorization of notifications per location or type, etc.